Volunteer Matrix Terms of Service
Please read carefully before agreeing to use our services.
The services provided by Volunteer Matrix are a service to members of the Global community. By using our services, you agree to this User Agreement including but not limited to the Rules of Conduct, the Terms of Service, and the eligibility requirements stated below.
For purposes of this agreement, "User", "Member", "Partner", refers to any individual or partner organization using the services of Volunteer Matrix, including, but not limited to the use of the Forums, the use of hosting space, and the use of any Volunteer Matrix domain names.
Volunteer Matrix reserves the right to change the Rules of Conduct, Terms of Service and all other parts of this User Agreement at its sole discretion and without notice.
RULES OF CONDUCT
User of any of Volunteer Matrix services, and especially those using Volunteer Matrix hosting services, agree not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually discriminatory, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.
User agrees not to post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
User agrees to abide by all Federal and State (or Provincial) laws as applicable to your organizations physical location. This includes abiding by all anti-spam laws respective to your country and state/province.
User agrees to not provide admin side access to any third parties who could be deemed competitors with similar software products. You may be liable for real damages if you provide this type access to others.
All invoices are sent out via email to one or more selected persons in your organization. Our "normal" billing cycle is payments due April & October 1st. Invoices are emailed out 45 days before the due date, and are due in full
. For new clients, the first invoice is due within 2 weeks of the invoice being sent out. Volunteer Matrix is NOT responsible for lost, misplaced, misdirected, or forgotten invoices. We do NOT do monthly, or quarterly billing under any circumstances.
You may request annual billing if you prefer.
Occasionally there will be something that prevents a timely client payment, you should contact Volunteer Matrix BEFORE the payment is due to make other arrangements.
Non-payment of invoices may result in the following:
- 1st day amount due is unpaid: All admin user access will be suspended. Email service (if applicable) may be suspended.
- 7th day amount due is unpaid: Public access to your services hosted by Volunteer Matrix becomes in accessible.
- 14th amount due is unpaid: All web pages and services including email will be suspended.
- 21st amount due is unpaid: all client files, any email on the mail server, databases, and all website files will be PURGED permanently with NO NOTIFICATION.
Reactivation of suspended services (if possible) will incur a minimum $50 fee on top of any unpaid invoices.
Clients terminated for any reason will result in all client files, waiting email, and databases will be PURGED permanently, and will not be available in any form for transfer.
TERMS OF SERVICE
User acknowledges and agrees that use of the Volunteer Matrix services is a privilege, not a right, and that Volunteer Matrix has the right, at its sole discretion, to revoke this privilege at any time without notice or reason.
User agrees that this Agreement in its entirety applies to all Volunteer Matrix services.
User agrees and acknowledges that any material posted that is deemed offensive, harassing, baiting or otherwise inappropriate may be removed at the sole discretion of Volunteer Matrix and be cause for immediate termination of services.
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Volunteer Matrix and our representatives with respect to any claims based upon or arising from the transmission and/or content of your website(s).
Volunteer Matrix is not responsible for content posted on your website. We do not vouch for, or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any website. Each site expresses the views of its originating User, not necessarily those of Volunteer Matrix. Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other commercial solicitations are inappropriate on Volunteer Matrix websites.
Volunteer Matrix Hosting and Design Terms of Service
Volunteer Matrix only uses email to inform you of new customer benefits and features, to let customers know of updates, urgent problems on our site, and to present special customer-only opportunities. Volunteer Matrix keeps these messages to a minimum.
Volunteer Matrix is not responsible for the content posted by Volunteer Matrix partners, visitors, or clients on any area of any web site located on our server including without limitation, home pages, chat rooms, message boards and email accounts.
The opinions and views expressed by Volunteer Matrix customers or visitors do not necessarily represent those of Volunteer Matrix and Volunteer Matrix does not verify, endorse, or vouch for the content of such page(s).
However Volunteer Matrix will provide its services to those it deems eligible - at its sole discretion. Eligibility requirements include:
- Nonprofit organizations whose principles agree with the principles upon which Volunteer Matrix was founded. Those principles include belief in freedom of expression, freedom of belief, democracy, human rights, and women's rights, animal right's, etc.
- Nonprofit organizations located anywhere in the world.
- Nonprofit organizations whose work involves rights-related or development-related activities and whose principles agree with the principles upon which Volunteer Matrix was founded.
- Individuals conducting campaigns for liberal and democratic causes.
- At bare minimum, a Nonprofit is deemed an organization with 501c3 status. This alone is not used to determine eligibility. What the organizations primary focus and mission may disqualify it form being a client of Volunteer Matrix.
Volunteer Matrix will not provide services to any organization or individual that promote hatred, hate speech, discrimination based on race, gender or religion.
Volunteer Matrix reserves the right to deny its services to anyone without providing reasons for its denial.
Volunteer Matrix reserves the right terminate its partnership and services with any organization or individual without providing reasons for doing so.
If you believe that any of the content posted by our customers/partners or visitors violates your proprietary rights, including copyrights, please contact representatives identified on our site.
You are solely and fully responsible for any content that you post any area of our site. We do not regularly review the contents of materials posted by our members or other visitors to our site.
We strictly prohibit the posting of the following types of content on all areas of our sites:
- nudity, pornography, and sexual material of a lewd, lecherous or obscene nature and intent or that violates local, state and national laws.
- any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the proprietary rights of others, including, without limitation, copyright or trademark rights. If you don't own the copyright or have express authorization and documented permission to use it, don't put it on your site at Volunteer Matrix (if you do have express permission you must say so clearly on your page where it is displayed). Volunteer Matrix will terminate the memberships of, and remove the pages of, repeat infringers.
- any material that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, or otherwise objectionable; including posting other peoples' private information.
- content that promotes, encourages, or provides instructional information about illegal activities---specifically hacking, cracking, etc.
- hate propaganda or hate mongering, swearing, or fraudulent material or activity;
By submitting your data to Volunteer Matrix, you state that the data complies with Volunteer Matrix Terms of Service. If any third party brings a claim, lawsuit or other proceeding against Volunteer Matrix based on your conduct or use of Volunteer Matrix services, you agree to compensate Volunteer Matrix (including its officers, directors, employees and agents) for any and all losses, liabilities, damages or expenses, including attorney's fees, incurred by Volunteer Matrix in connection with any such claim, lawsuit or proceeding.
Volunteer Matrix offers its web design services as is. Accepting Volunteer Matrix designs and services is a privilege determined by Volunteer Matrix, and not a right.
Volunteer Matrix is the final arbiter of what IS and IS NOT allowed on our servers. Further, Volunteer Matrix reserves the right to cancel any agreement, at any time for any reason without prior notice.
Volunteer Matrix is not obliged to maintain back-ups copies of any material submitted or posted on our site unless otherwise agreed upon. Actions or activities that may cause termination of your membership and/or removal of your page(s) include, but are not limited to:
- posting or providing links to any content which violates out Terms of Service:
- conducting or providing links to any raffle, contest, or game which violates any local, state or national laws;
We reserve the right to monitor, and to investigate any complaints regarding any content of Volunteer Matrix customers pages, message-board postings, and to take appropriate action if Volunteer Matrix finds violations of these Terms of Service.
Volunteer Matrix makes no guarantee of availability of service and reserves the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Volunteer Matrix service.
IN NO EVENT WILL Volunteer Matrix BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE Volunteer Matrix SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT THEREON FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, Volunteer Matrix REMOVAL OR DELETION OF ANY MATERIALS OR RECORDS SUBMITTED OR POSTED ON Volunteer Matrix SITE FOR ANY REASON. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, CAUSED; ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE; ERROR; OMISSION; INTERRUPTION; DELETION; DEFECT; DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION; COMPUTER VIRUS; FILE CORRUPTION; COMMUNICATION-LINE FAILURE; NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE; OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF ANY RECORD.
The formation, construction and interpretation of this agreement shall be controlled by the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A.
Volunteer Matrix reserves the right to change or amend these Terms of Service at any time without prior notice. By submitting any content, including without limitation, web pages, logging into admin sites, etc., you signify your agreement to these Terms of Service.